Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm Pretty Sure...


Hannah and I went to the nail salon today, trying to squeeze in a little girl time. We have been cutting back on these little extras in days of late, but I told her that if we just got pedicures, we could go.

We usually frequent the same place near our house, although after today, I don't really know why. They are always a little on the rude side and seem annoyed when we walk in, interrupting their afternoon talk shows.

Today was no exception. We came in and told them in very clear terms that we each wanted a pedicure and nothing else. Once we sat down and got started, one of the technicians came next to me and started preparing her things to do my hands. I politely told her that I only wanted a pedicure. She looked at my nails and tried to guilt me into more services by showing me and all the ladies that work there just how ugly my cuticles were. After telling her no about 4 times, she shrugged her shoulders. I thought I was off the hook, but I was wrong.

She turned her attention to my eyebrows, arched her own, and said, "Well, you want your brows done, don't you?". When I told her no, she broke out into laughter and started talking in Vietnamese. I usually try not to be a paranoid person, but I couldn't help but think of this comedian and her take on what really happens when nail technicians speak in their native tongue...

2 comments:

java diva said...

I've only been in 1 of those places once, never again! The guy tore my cuticle OUCH! I had to point out to him it was bleeding.

Thanks for bringing Angelah Johnson to my attention! She's adorable and funny and she's a Christian! Too cool!

jodi said...

OMG...that's awful. You should have let the consequences do the screaming and marched right out of that place, with the wadded up tissue between your toes and everything! :)