Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Day at the Beach

I went to Decatur's Beach on the Block Party last Friday with my good friend Brandy and our kids. It sounded like a really good idea. Sand on the square, live music, inflatables, corn dogs. The kids and I were super excited about it all. But once we got there, I remembered something about myself that I all too often forget. I hate people.

Don't get me wrong. Individuals, I like. Small groups, that's cool. No, I'm talking about mass humanity and all the things that come along with that. When we turned the corner to Decatur square, nothing could have prepared me for what I saw. The "beach" on the square was probably the size of my living room and it was ... and I am not exaggerating... so thick with people that you couldn't see the sand. It was the most ridiculous sight I have ever seen. Except maybe for this thing I stumbled across this morning on one of my favorite blogs: http://www.pregnancystore.com/zaky.htm

After losing two hours of my life, $60 of my money, and almost all of my sanity, we finally went home. Mental note: Festivals suck, no matter what any of you say. And sand just makes them that much worse.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Jenny, I'm so glad you have a blog! Can't wait to catch up on your posts. I'm right there with you on this one-the boys went to White Water yesterday but no way was I spending $40 to run from slide to slide (or sit in the kiddie area with a 5 year old).
Michele

jodi said...

Jenny~ You have great blog stories. My kids are 5 and 3 and provide me with tons of blogging material and I often wonder if that will end once they are older. According to you, the answer would be no! "The Rock Obama"...LOL!

I am a huge fan of ScreamFree parenting. Although, this past weekend nobody would have guessed it! Best of luck to you and Hal as you guys continue to get the word out!