Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tip of the Day: What You CAN Do


Do you ever get paralyzed by the “big picture”? You know, the one that you really cannot control? I know that I do. And when I do, I ignore the smaller things in my day to day habits that I actually can control. Ironically, it’s the smaller things that usually lead to big results.



Samuel Johnson once wrote, "If we attend continually and promptly to the things that we can do, we shall ere long to be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do."

Today, do yourself and your family a big favor. Start looking for the things that you can do rather than the things that you cannot. In fact, strike those words “I can’t” from your vocabulary. When you start to say them, just close your mouth, take a deep breath, and think of something….ANYTHING…that you can do. Then, by all means, go and do it!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is just the wisdome i needed. Thankyou so much. Does that work when your 5 and 3 yr old say it too? When they say i can't should i make them think of something they can do and then tell them to do it?